DIY Christmas gift: Coconut Sugar Scrub!

I've seen a ton of different sugar scrubs all over the internet. I knew I wanted to make some for Christmas gifts. I decided to go super simple and make a coconut sugar scrub. For anyone that doesn't know what a sugar scrub is, they are scrubs that you use on your hands and feet. They make you skin really smooth and soft. They sell them in stores but they are normally very pricey when they are actually very cheap to make. Plus with this homemade sugar scrub there aren't any chemicals or artificial fragrances, just sugar and pure coconut oil!

REPIN THIS.

You need:
Granulated sugar (plain sugar)
Pure Coconut Oil (I used Tropical Traditions)


1. Just use a 2:1 ratio of sugar to coconut oil. I knew I was going to make gifts out of them so I used 3 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups of coconut oil. I put the mixture into 6 half pint jars.


2. In a bowl mix the two together completely.

3. Put into containers.


4. Decorate your containers with ribbon or a gift tag and give as a gift. If you are keeping some for yourself just rub your hands and/or feet with the scrub, rinse and dry. They will feel extremely soft!

All the girls in the family forget you saw these, okay? ;)

Comments