Michal's Window, A Novel: King David's First Wife by Rachelle Ayala review!

I'm not huge into romance novels unless they have a great story line. I was really interested in Michal's Window, A Novel: King David's First Wife by Rachelle Ayala when I read the plot. It sounded very good with an intricate and slightly abnormal plot.




About the book: Set in ancient Israel, Michal's Window is a romantic epic of King David's life as seen through the eyes of his first love, the Princess Michal. This book is self-published and includes steamier love scenes than is commonly found in Biblical fiction. It also adds unorthodox story lines--a Philistine priestess who befriends Michal and a hand fasting ceremony between Michal and her Philistine lover. Readers will be intrigued by this imaginative and fascinating story of a woman, ruled by love, who endures heartache and loss, but never gives up on her first love.

Princess Michal is used to getting everything she wants, and she has her heart set on the young hero David. Their passionate love affair is destroyed by her father's murderous rage. Will David's departing promises be enough? David the King is no longer the charming harpist she gave her heart to. The most powerful man in Israel, he falls into the arms of the beautiful Bathsheba. Temptation comes in the form of a dashing Philistine warrior. Michal vows to be the only woman in David's heart, but does she know her own? A novel of betrayal, forbidden love, and redemption, Michal's Window is an imaginative retelling of King David's story through the eyes of the woman who loved him first.

What I thought: I received this book from the author herself. She wants honest, raw opinions on her novel. Honestly, this book was great. I'm not very religious but this book just sucked me in. It did start off a little slow but it sped up pretty quickly. A LOT happens. It's all very detailed and fast paced, which is great. It was almost like watching a movie instead of reading a book. I read this book quite quickly because I couldn't put it down. The characters were engaging and interesting. I would love for this to become a movie or TV series. Michal is so easy to like. You just end up wanting to follow her every move just to see what she does next. I went through many different emotions while reading. It made me happy, sad, angry and much more. This was like nothing I have ever read. It's like an amazing untold story. I didn't know exactly what to expect from a biblical fictional book but I am really happy I read it. If this book sounds like something you would like to read, please don't hesitate. You won't regret it!

I read it on the Kindle app on my phone. You can get it on Amazon for the Kindle for $3.82, paper back for $12.88 an up. You can get it for Nook or on SmashWords as well.

Warning: do not read this if love scenes and adultery disturb you. Sexual situations, blood and violence.

You can follow Rachelle on her blog and on Facebook!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments