Copy Kids review!

We got to review an awesome DVD called Copy Kids. Copy-Kids Eat Fruits and Vegetables is the debut DVD in a series designed to encourage healthy habits in young children. This series is for children aged six months to 5 years.

Copy Kids Eat Fruit and Vegetables is divided into 12 chapters, each focusing on a different fruit or vegetable. The yummy veggies and fruits include: Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots, Avocado, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Oranges, Bananas, Raspberries, Strawberries, Apples & Blueberries.



The genesis for the project came when Cai Dixon noticed her young daughter was more willing to try new fruits and vegetables when she saw another child eating them. Bella liked to copy. Dixon wondered if the experience had to be live, or if a video of children eating fruits and vegetables would also work? “It did, and not just with Bella,” recalls Dixon. And so a concept was born: Find children who LOVE to eat fruits and veggies, film them eating them – and make the video available to parents. It’s that simple. Says Dixon, “I never would have expected my child to eat raw broccoli – but she demanded it as soon as she saw another child eating it on TV. Now it is one of her favorite vegetables.” Copy-Kids is an award winning DVD.  They have won three children's excellence awards: Dr. Toy MACT, and Parent Tested, Parent Approved. They are also approved by the USDA and were added to their Education and Training Materials Database for Pre-school nutrition. You can buy this awesome DVD for $19.95 on their website.

My husband is an extremely picky eater so I figured Brayden would be the same way. I was right to assume that. He will NOT eat something he doesn't like and tends to lean towards things that aren't super nutritious for him. Brayden is becoming more adventurous with his eating as he gets older and he definitely does copy other kids when it comes to eating. I have always tried to get him to eat fruit and veggies. Most of the time it's been a huge fail. Around a month ago Brayden and my friend's little boy Tyler were eating lunch together. I didn't put grapes on his plate because I have tried many times and he never ate them. He watched Tyler eat them. He started taking them off his plate to eat them. I was baffled. So, now we have to have grapes in our fridge at all times. 


Brayden loved the video. He was trying to name the fruits and veggies that he knows. What I like best is the face to face time with each kid in the video as they eat the vegetables/fruits. The only real problem  I found is with the DVD's navigation. I wish it had a "play all" like most DVDs do. Each segment with each child isn't very long so that's a lot of pressing "play". Maybe they can fix that with their next DVD. Other than that though we love the DVD. I think it will help Brayden try other fruits/veggies the older he gets. 

You can find them on FacebookTwitter
Pinterest, and YouTube.

*Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

Comments