Brayden's FAVORITE thing right now is Curious George. He wants to be George for Halloween this year. His Pre-K class is actually having "dress as a book character" day on Halloween. You bring in a book and dress up as one of the characters. He's really excited for it. So, that's what he will be for Halloween. I'm going to dress Lincoln as George.
Love what I put on this one! The shirt is from Old Navy and was recently on sale but they were out of Brayden's size. :( I have been looking for loafer type shoes for the boys and have yet to find ones I like. I love these loafers and am definitely getting them soon. Super cute!
(Click the middle to PIN the image. Click read more to see where the items are from.)
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Sunday we had a beach day! It was great. It wasn't too hot. The water was pretty far onto the shore so, we had water to wade in without dealing with the waves. We put water wings on Lincoln and it seemed to help him. He likes to jump and splash in the water but freaks out when he goes under. We met a little girl Brayden's age and her dad. The kids played together and built castles together. The dad happened to know my father-in-law from the Navy. Thought that was a funny coincidence.
Monday, September 22, 2014
Last month I received some amazing napkins that I can wait to tell you about. They are called Funkins. They are cloth napkins but can be used for much more!
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Christmas will be here in a couple months. Tiny Prints is a great place to get personalized gifts. I have used them quite a bit in the past. I have gotten many products, including Christmas cards from them. Love them!
All customers right now can get one free mug. FREE! 3 Days Only- Now through 11:59pm (PT) September 23, 2014. Promo Code: MUGSEP14.
There is no minimum purchase required for this promotion. Offer is not applicable to previously placed orders, shipping, taxes, rush processing charges, or greeting cards. This promotion code cannot be combined with other offers. Offer is only valid on Tiny Prints and is not applicable to third party or partner websites. To prevent fraud or abuse, we reserve the right to discontinue or modify this offer or cancel any order.
*DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links*
Friday, September 19, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Fall is a perfect time to try some red hues. If you have ever fantasized about being a redhead, here are some basic tips to help you find your perfect shade.
First, decide if your skin has warm or cool undertones. Hold a piece of white paper up to your face:
- If your skin coloring appears to be pink, you’re cool.
- If it appears yellow or olive, you’re warm.
You can also look to the color of your eyes:
- If you have brown eyes, warmer colors will compliment you more. Choose golden and coppery red shades.
- If your eyes are light, like blue or green, choose a cooler red with mahogany or deep chestnut undertones.
Fair skin: A light strawberry blonde is beautiful. Avoid mahogany tones that pale your already fair skin. (I just dyed my hair a strawberry blonde. I'm rather pale.)
Medium skin: You can handle a deeper red, because there is more tone in your skin. A medium coppery light brown or auburn shade would be gorgeous. Avoid wine shades that bring out yellow in the skin.
Dark skin: Go with a dark auburn to a mahogany red or a rich, chestnut brown. Avoid intense shades of red, as they can bring out subtle green undertones in dark skin.
A few things to consider when going red:
- Watch out when coloring over existing color. It could effect the tone and depth of the red you desire. Do a strand test before coloring all over.
- Add a gloss between colorings to keep your red vibrant. You can choose a clear gloss or a tinted one that will wake up and extend your color.
- Red color tends to fade more quickly, so it’s essential that you use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for color treated hair, such as Madison Reed's Madison Reed nourishing, color enhancing shampoo and conditioner set, to protect and extend your color.
Right now get 50% off your first purchase at Madison-Reed.com with the code FALLHAIRCOLOR.