Ham and Cheese pockets recipe!

I was trying to come up with something quick for dinner last night so, I look in my refrigerator to see what I could come up with. I had some ham, we always have cheese and we happened to have biscuits. I threw together a hot pocket type thing.

REPIN THIS.

You need:
A can of biscuits (you could use Grands or do what I did: roll 2 biscuits together so 10 biscuits makes 5 pockets.)
ham (I used Black Forest ham lunch meat)
1 cup (more or less, if desired) grated cheese (I used mild cheddar)
Italian seasoning (to taste)


1. Preheat your over to 350 and grease your pan
2. Cut up the meat first and shred your cheese, if needed.
3. Flour your counter top and grab your cheese and seasoning.
4. Roll the dough (in my case I combined 2 biscuits and rolled them.) (TIP: they don't look big but they expand when you bake them.)
5. Sprinkle with seasoning


6. In the center of your roll, add your ham, cheese.
7. Pick a side and fold it over, forming a half moon.
8. Use a fork to press along the edges so there are no holes for your cheese to bubble out of.
9. Sprinkle the top with cheese if you want to. (I like the crunch it gives.)


10. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (Mine went a tad past that. I was feeding Lincoln. :P)


Variations: pizza pockets, turkey pockets, roast beef, etc. Anything your stomach desires!

ENJOY!

Comments