How to roast raw peanuts!

I am going to be making cinnamon sugar peanuts soon so, I bought a bags of peanuts out of the shell. What I didn't realize is they are RAW. The texture is spongy, not crunchy. I definitely don't like them like that and it's not ideal for what I want to do with them so, I decided to roast them.

REPIN THIS.

You need:
Salt, if desired
Raw peanuts


1. Spread the peanuts onto a large baking sheet in a single layer. TIP: Don't roast more than 2 cups of peanuts at a time to ensure that each nut is fully roasted.

 (This isn't two cups. It's my second batch, the remainder of the bag.)

2. Roast the nuts for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F.

3. Stir the nuts around.

4. Continue roasting for 7 more minutes.

5. Stir once more.

6. Roast for 5 more minutes. TIP: At these point I tasted one of the peanuts to make sure it was the exact texture I wanted.

7. Remove the nuts from the oven. I sprinkled mine with salt after they were done.


8. Cool the peanuts before transferring them to containers or bags.

ENJOY!

Comments