DIY dog treats!

For Christmas this year I made everyone who had dogs dog treats to give to their dogs. They were very easy to make. My dogs loved them and so did my mom's dogs! I made 45 biscuits since I was giving them to people. The recipe below is half that. Also, they last longer if kept in the refrigerator or in a brown paper bag.

REPIN THIS.

You need:
2 jars of baby food (I used banana. You can use fruit, meats etc, just nothing with onions.)
2 cups 100% organic whole wheat flour
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter


1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Mix together to form a stiff dough. (If necessary, add extra flour or water as needed. I didn't have to.)


3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about a 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shape.


4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place treats about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. They will be light golden brown.



Oh my. Max looks insane in this photo. He must really love the dog biscuits! ;)

Hope your dogs enjoy them!

Comments