ONE STEP AT A TIME - Hugo the Happy Starfish - Children's E-book Review!

This is my third Hugo the Happy Starfish review! I am in love with these books by Suzy Liebermann. This is the first time I got an e-book. This one is for the book "One step at a time".



About this book: Hugo is a little starfish with a big sense of adventure. One day he finds an empty candy wrapper with a picture of a huge chocolate mountain. Usually when Hugo finds trash in the ocean it upsets him but this time what he found made him curious. Hugo discovers that his chocolate mountain is in fact a real mountain, which is called the Matterhorn and is located in Switzerland. 

He decides to set off on a journey to find this mountain – a huge challenge for a little starfish! Hugo learns to take one step at a time and to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. In this story Hugo finds the secret of perseverance when the road gets difficult. 

ONE STEP AT A TIME is a story about the need for perspective, whatever mountains we face. This book is the perfect way to teach kids to divide big challenges into little chunks and to take things one step at a time. This book is a great way to teach commitment.


What we thought: Just as expected this book is great! I LOVE the lessons that these books teach. I love the colors, animations and even the language. Through his adventures, Hugo learns many valuable lessons of character, life skills, and ecological alertness – all amid the backdrop of a magical underwater world and mystical islands. They are among my favorite books in Brayden's book collection. The key theme behind these books is that building character based on a positive attitude leads to a happy, self-confident and successful human being. I love how they teach children about their feelings.

They are still a little above Brayden's age range but I am certain that he understands the lessons of these books. I will continue getting Hugo books for Brayden. I know this will be in our library for many years to come. You should ABSOLUTELY get these for your children!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments