Brayden's first movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Anyone that knows Brayden knows he does NOT, I REPEAT, DOES NOT ever sit still. I swear the first time he sat down watching TV he was almost two years old. Seriously. Anyways... we never took him to the movies for that reason. A few days ago I decided that I should try. Why not? I prepared myself for paying like $20 to see a movie that Brayden might just walk out of. I figured it may be easier if just he and I go, on a mommy and son date.

So, I talked to him about it. He didn't want to go. He did not want to leave the house. I spent like an hour trying to convince him we should go. He kept saying "I need to go night night in my bed". Ugh.. Just ugh, kid. You go to bed at like 1am.. Unfortunately, not 6pm.

Well, then, I decided to show him the preview of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. He watched in awe and said "I need another one!" He thought it was a little show. Haha.



I said "no, baby. We have to go to the movies to watch it on a big TV." He replied "yes, I need clothes now!" My kid is a nudist. He is usually naked/in underwear/in a diaper at home. So, we FINALLY left. We went to Wendy's to get some dinner before the movie. He was so excited to go to the movies. He woofed down his fries and tea. He put his nuggets in the diaper bag and he was ready to go.

We got to the movies and he was just in awe outside the theater. I wish I had the response on video. We walked up and he kept saying "oh wow! I get to go to the movies, mommy! The movies! We're here!" I'm not sure he REALLY knew what a movie was since he mostly watches shows on TV but he was excited none the less.

We got to our viewing area and the lights were already out. "mommy, it's too dark. I don't like it." Then, the movie started as we were finding a seat. It was loud and on a huge screen. We sat down. Then, one of my biggest fears happened... He started crying. Oh no. A QUIET MOVIE THEATER.. Oh my god.. "I need to go home. Please. Take me home, mommy." "No, baby. You will like the movie I promise." I held him my lap for a couple minutes but as soon as he started paying attention to the movie he got down. THANK YOU!

He LOVED the movie. He barely sat down though. We sat a few rows in front of people. Well, we moved there. We were originally one row in front of a couple. Brayden at one point was putting the seats up and down. The lady glared at me. Sorry, woman. This is a kid's movie and it's his first time seeing a movie. Either you birthed angels or you don't have kids. Move along. SOOO, we moved a few rows ahead. He stood, he walked, he sat on the steps/aisle. YOU KNOW WHAT THOUGH?! He was GOOD. My kid is not at all good at sitting still or being a "normal" child in public.

All kids are different and I accept that this is how Brayden is. He is frustrating, annoying, strong minded, strong willed but he is amazing, sweet and he is our child. I loved talking him to the movies. He turned to me during it and said "mommy, I love this movie." Ugh, heart melting.

He even wanted to go to the store to look for toys from the movie. We didn't find any at Walmart. Instead, he got a 100 piece fake food set with a little basket for $10. He has played with it every day since then. He says he wants the movie when it comes out. I loved taking him and I will definitely be doing it again!



Linking up with: DudemomIn The Moment With.., Better In Bulk, La-La's Home DaycareHome on Deranged, Fresh Mommy Blog, Tots and Me, Woven By Words, The Bewitchin Kitchen, Three Loud Kids, and Mama to 5 Blessings.

Comments

  1. Eek that first trip is always the hardest because it is so much different from the small tv where you can control the volume. I am glad he had an awesome time. Coming by from wordful wednesday. http://singedwingangelspad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I had no idea how it would go, especially when he started crying. I'm glad it went well in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to our blog! We love comments and would love for you to come back!