We have had a zoo pass at the Jacksonville Zoo for three years now but we have never attended Spooktacular. I just didn't have a lot of interest since we still had to pay for it. We finally decided to go. It was INSANELY crowded though. People everywhere, cutting me off because I had a stroller, and etc. THAT part was bothersome but oh well. Also, Brayden KNOWS the zoo so he was upset he couldn't play on the park and etc. :X Other than that stuff we had a great time. I loved all the different exhibits. I didn't take a ton of pictures of the characters because everyone was taking photos with them already. Plus Brayden isn't a good poser.
This is all the stuff they had:
- Charlie Brown's Pumpkin Patch
- The Fairgrounds with bounce houses and a giant inflatable slide
- The Enchanted Forest
- Nightmare before Christmas
- Pirates Cove
- DJ's spinning kid-friendly Halloween music
- Special Spooktacular food menus in each of the Zoo's two restaurants
- Jack o'lanterns galore
- Select animal exhibits open including giraffes, bobcats, alligators, jaguars, and reptiles and primates in the Lost Temple
- Candy stations throughout the Zoo
- Scare Zones! The Witch's Castle, The Greenhouse of the Living Dead and The Forest of No Return (not recommended for children under the age of 10)
It was so much fun! We didn't go through the scare zones though. Didn't want Brayden to get upset. If you're in the area definitely go visit! The last days are 25-31st so, hurry hurry!
Wizard of Oz!
So grainy but I love this photo. :(
Oh jeez, he has food in his mouth. HAHA.
The poster for one of the scare zones. They were plant eating zombies.
Favorite movie ever!