Elmo cupcakes: DIY!


What you need:

  • White frosting (or just red if you can find it)
  • Red food coloring (if you can't find frosting)
  • Cake mix (of your choosing)
  • Mini marshmallows
  • Chocolate sandwich cookies
  • Edible markers
  • Reese's pieces (orange ones)


This is super easy!

Directions:

  1. Bake your cupcakes.
  2. Let them cool.
  3. Mix up your frosting to the desired redness.
  4. Put in a piping bag with a small tip or star tip.
  5. Pipe all over the cupcake. 
  6. Two marshmallows for the eyes. Black edible marker for the eyes.
  7. Orange Reese's piece for the nose.
  8. Half of an Oreo for the mouth. I used a knife to cut the cookies. I took the pieces apart then, cut. So, it's 1/4th of a cookie on each.
  9. Give the broken cookies that don't look like mouth to your toddler. ;)
  10. Enjoy!




 My tip kept getting clogged. I couldn't find my good piping bag and tips. I have to use a crappy zip lock bag and tip. :( Oh well. Everyone loved them and so did I! Yours will be cuter though because you will have a better tip. ;)

See the rest of Lincoln's first birthday party here.

Comments