What you need:
- White frosting (or just red if you can find it)
- Red food coloring (if you can't find frosting)
- Cake mix (of your choosing)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Edible markers
- Reese's pieces (orange ones)
This is super easy!
- Bake your cupcakes.
- Let them cool.
- Mix up your frosting to the desired redness.
- Put in a piping bag with a small tip or star tip.
- Pipe all over the cupcake.
- Two marshmallows for the eyes. Black edible marker for the eyes.
- Orange Reese's piece for the nose.
- Half of an Oreo for the mouth. I used a knife to cut the cookies. I took the pieces apart then, cut. So, it's 1/4th of a cookie on each.
- Give the broken cookies that don't look like mouth to your toddler. ;)
My tip kept getting clogged. I couldn't find my good piping bag and tips. I have to use a crappy zip lock bag and tip. :( Oh well. Everyone loved them and so did I! Yours will be cuter though because you will have a better tip. ;)
See the rest of Lincoln's first birthday party here.