Saint Patrick's Day: Lucky Charm treats!

I honestly, had NEVER had home made rice krispies until a couple years ago. I hated the store bought kind so, I assumed I would hate home made kind too. Nope, they are delicious. These Lucky Charms treats are even better.

Rj's birthday is on Saint Patrick's Day. To make his day a little more special and not holiday based I decided to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day leading up to the holiday. You can pretty much turn any cereal into a cereal bar like rice krispies treats. I thought it would be perfect for the holiday with Lucky Charms. Try them!



What you need:
6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
4 cups marshmallows
3 tbsp butter

Directions:
Spray a 9×13 baking pan and set aside (TIP: You can do what I do. Put wax paper in the pan so, you can lift it out.).

In a large saucepan over low heat melt butter. Add in marshmallows and stir until completely melted.

Remove from heat and add in the cereal. Stir until well coated.

Transfer into baking pan and gently press down. (TIP: I spray my fingers with cooking spray so, the mixture doesn't stick to me.

Allow to cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.

Store in an airtight container.


HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

Comments