Robin Williams passed away. :(



Robin Williams was found dead this morning at 63. The apparent cause of death was suicide by asphyxiation, authorities said. According to his publicist, Williams had been battling severe depression. Police said that Williams was found unconscious around noon in his home in Tiburon, California, near San Francisco.

When I was in high school I was extremely depressed. I pushed everyone away and didn't let anyone help me. Someone in high school told me if I committed suicide it would be the most selfish thing I could ever do. I thought they were an IDIOT. I could only think about myself and my depression. They were right. Now, that I am older, wiser, and happier I see there is truth in that. Yes, you hurt yourself but you destroy the people around you. They wonder why they couldn't see it, why they couldn't help you, and they hurt more than if there was ANY other cause. Think about it, if someone dies of Cancer or a car accident you won't be left wondering how you could have stopped it.

I will never understand everything he was going through. He will be greatly missed. He was an amazing person and comedian.

Please, if you are depressed or know someone who is try your best to show them they are loved. Please try to help them. I hope that in this darkness that more people will be aware of suicide and ways we can prevent it.

Comments