Easy no chill sugar cookies!

Recently my mother in law told me that she was looking for sugar cookie recipes and they were all quite difficult seeming. I knew there had to be an easier way, a no chill, straight to the oven way. This dough is soft, yummy, and best of all, EASY! These cookies will definitely be something we make every year now. She gave us a decoration kit. Next year I may try to make my own icing for them.




Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup butter, room temp
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I also think lemon would be good!)
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  • Cream the butter and sugar until smooth. I used my hand mixer but you could use a stand mixer, as well.
  • Add the extracts and the egg, beat again.
  • In a separate bowl combine baking powder with the flour.
  • Add a cup at a time at a time to the wet ingredients. Best each time.
  • The last cup will make it very difficult to beat in so, I just put on my big cutting board with some flour down.
  • Roll out the dough and cut shapes.
  • I cut my cookies a little thick (about 1/4 of an inch, maybe a little more) because I didn't want them crunchy.
  • Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. 
  • Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer.


We hope everyone had a great Christmas! I will definitely be making them every year. We had so much fun decorating them.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+!

Comments