Ginger molasses cookies with white chocolate!


I've been making this cookies at least once a year for three years. Not sure why I haven't thought to share the recipe but here it is! I am not a fan or gingerbread cookies or ginger snaps. They often have way too much ginger, aren't sweet enough, or they are too crunchy. So, these cookies are not like that. The molasses give them an amazing flavor. The sugar amount is perfect and the cookies are soft. I've already been asked to make more. I will definitely be doing that as I have a lot of chips left. ;)





Ingredients:

  • 3 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter (softened/room temp)
  • 2 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp all spice
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 tsp salt 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • white chocolate chips (I used probably 1/4th of a regular bag)



Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  • Cream the butter and sugars together with a mixer.
  • Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
  • Add molasses, egg and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture and beat well. 
  • Add and beat in flour mixture one cup at a time.
  • I used a cookie scoop to get my desired shape. You can also take a spoonful and shape it.
  • Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. 
  • Immediately press about 4-5 white chocolate chips into center of each cookie. 
  • Cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container (up to 5 days but they won't last that long).





Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+!

Comments