Brayden is five years old!

August 21st was Brayden's birthday. Not sure if I ever wrote it here but that week I drove myself to the hospital with a burst appendix. I had to have it removed. I got out of the hospital on his birthday. It took weeks to feel normal-ish again. These pictures are from August though. So, on with my baby's late update.

Birth: 8 pounds 12 ounces and 22 inches
1 month old: 11 pounds and 23 inches
6 months old: 20 pounds 12 ounces and 28 inches
12 months old: 22 pounds 4 ounces and 30 inches
18 months old: 25 pounds and 31 3/4 inches
24 months old: 27 1/2 pounds and 34 inches
2 years and 3 months: 30 pounds 5 ounces  and 35 inches
2 years and 6 months: 29 pounds and 36 1/2 inches
3 years old: 31 pounds 2 ounces and 37 1/2 inches
3 years and 6 months: 33 pounds 4 ounces and 39 inches
4 years old: 35 pounds 6 ounces and 40 1/4 inches
5 years old: 39 pounds 2 ounces and 42 inches

This year Brayden has really changed. Last year he whined/cried every single day before school. This year, wow, he is different. He's in an elementary school and not a little day care setting. He walks himself to breakfast and class. He is way more independent. He is still in speech class as well as occupational therapy for hand writing. Last year, he BARELY talked. He wouldn't even talk to his teachers. Now, he never stops talking and asking questions. It's amazing how much he knows and talks about. He can tell you the most amazing stories. He's learning sight words. He currently knows every color word by sight, the, a, I, and some more. He's starting to ask how to spell things. I just love it!




Clothing: He is starting to outgrow size 4 clothes. He wears mostly size 4 and 5. He's getting into 6/7 shirts but some still look big. I feel like he has gotten huge in the last year. I feel like he's going to outgrow me sooner than I thought. Haha. He refuses to wear pants with buttons and zippers because he refuses to learn how to use them. He apparently got pinched by one at some point and they scare him now. We're working on it. All of his winter jeans have buttons and zippers so, he better figure it out. ;)


Eating: He's still incredibly picky. He picks at his food most of the time and eats like one or two things. Then, he binge eats things he likes. He loves fruit most than anything. He actually eats school lunch now, even though he gets the same thing everyday. They have "power packs". It's an Uncrustable sandwich, string cheese, veggies, fruit, and chips. I try to eat with him once a week as long as I can with my work schedule.





We just love this little boy so much and can't believe how big he is now. I started this blog when I was 39 weeks pregnant with him. Now my baby is five. :(

View all of Brayden's past updates or Lincoln's updates.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+!

Comments