Let them be little

Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed at the most random things. My kids put on five outfits a day to dress up. They want to be bad guys, good guys, and everything in between. They don't know how to hang them back up so they get thrown in the closet or in the laundry, even though they are clean. They want me to play with them and pretend to be something, anything to go along with their game even if I am busy. They want me to see the super cool Lego town they just made or the Minecraft house they built. Sometimes I tell them in a minute because I am doing something. Something that doesn't even matter, like cleaning or checking Facebook. Sometimes I tell them to hurry up when they want to look at something that amazes them in the store or at the park. Sometimes I let my patience get the best of me. Sometimes I inadvertently make them feel like they are not important.

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes because someday they will NOT be little anymore. They are only 3 and 5 once. Someday they will not need me to hang up their clothes or help them with their cape. Someday I will not need to tell them their shoes are on the wrong feet. Someday Lincoln with not drop down to kiss my foot because he accidentally stepped on it. Someday they will not call me Wonder Woman while I am cooking them mac and cheese. Someday they will be too big to want to spend time with me. Someday they will not be little. That both scares me and saddens me. I know it will be here sooner than I realize and I am not at all ready.

I need to remember to let these sweet boys BE LITTLE while they are little. I need to stop cleaning sometimes and play with them. Make memories. They won't remember how amazingly clean the house was when they remember their childhoods. They WILL remember the time I took to play with them. They will remember that Wonder Woman took the time to play with them every chance she got.










Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+Also, check out my Perfectly Posh shop!

Comments