Easy Dollar Tree back to school craft!


 Easy back to school Dollar Tree craft!



Every year I have the boys hold "first day of school" and "last day of school" signs. We start school in less than two weeks. I decided to get an early start. Usually I have them take a picture with the paper I have printed. It gets all crumpled or you can't read it. I take them on the actual first day of school rushing out the door. They are normally not cute and do not have the best lighting. This time I decided I wanted to frame the photos I am having them hold. I'm going to take them the photos before the first day and just post them on the first day. So forget that you have seen these and act surprised when you see two kids holding them in a couple weeks. 😉

Onto the craft! I didn't want to spend a lot on frames since they aren't being displayed anywhere in my house. I went to Dollar Tree and grabbed 4 frames. I removed the glass and backing. I sprayed them with Rust-Oleum chalk paint. After it dried I took a sanding block around the edges. That's it! We now have cute framed photos for the first day of school. 🏫









Comments