Super important- Relay for Life!

Hey, everyone! This is important! My best friend Aly (you remember her from here, here, hereherehere, here or here). I went to high school with her. She lives in Maryland right now with her Navy husband, Cory, and their two absolutely adorable kids. She works full time, exercises, goes to school and manages to make time for a million other things. She is an amazing person. This year she is doing Relay for Life.


What is Relay for Life? 

Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease.


At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length. Relayers do not have to walk all night, but each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event.


Aly says:
The donations go for cancer research and for families who can't afford treatments. I am doing this because it is something I am passionate about. I've lost many friends and family to cancer, and struggled with even more who battled it and succeeded. I am devoting my life to this, so it's very important to me. As of right now, I am in year 7 for nuclear medicine, and I will continue going back to school until I have my doctorate. My main goal is to work in labs so that I can help with the research for cancer treatments and cures. There are so many things we can be doing, and it should feel good knowing that your $5 could have been the $5 that lead to the next step. Today we have a thing going, it's called "what would you do with one more day" because it's February 29th and we have one more day this year than we did last year.

How can YOU help?
You can donate! Even $5 helps! Here is the direct link to donate to Aly's team or if you wish to explore the site a bit www.relayforlife.org then, click get involved, then, click donate, click donate to participant, type in Alyssa Glover, then, click on the one for the University of Maryland.



The deadline to donate to Aly is April 21st. I will be putting this post under my announcements if you would like to come back and donate more! Thank you so much to everyone that is willing to help!

Comments