DIY: Decorative egg platter for less than $5


I have been checking Pinterest, Instagram, and more for cute Easter decor ideas. I have been seeing a lot of decorative egg trays. They don't necessarily seem to be using them for deviled eggs. They seem like more of a display. I saw a plastic egg tray at Dollar Tree. I grabbed it up and immediately had plans for it. I sprayed it front and back with Kilz chalk spray paint (from Wal-mart).  It only took one coat on each side. After I sprayed it I noticed that there is a little hole at the top of it. I didn't really like how it looked so I decided that my bunny needed a bow. I got a little easel from Dollar Tree. I proudly displayed it on our new TV stand. Obviously I'm not going to use this for deviled eggs since it would definitely be toxic. I'm just going to keep it as a display. I absolutely love how it turned out.






Cost: $2. I already had the spray paint so I didn't include it in the cost. It's around $6 for a can. It's so worth it. I also used it for two more projects that I will be posting soon. I already had the ribbon too. So basically I just paid $2 for the tray and easel. Your cost may be a little more if you have to buy paint and ribbon.

If you're curious about the DIY on the stand click here.

What do you think? If you try this let me know below!

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+Also, check out my Perfectly Posh shop!

Comments