DIY farmhouse planter (Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart)


I admit it I have a bad habit of laying in my bed at night and looking up DIY farmhouse decor. Obviously fantasizing on how I can create it myself. Also admittedly I do not have a green thumb. I have bought many plants and many plants have met their demise because of me. So I like to stick to  fake plants.




I have seen many tutorials on a project similar to this. I found the metal planter at Dollar Tree. I sprayed all sides with Kilz chalk spray paint (from Wal-mart).  It only took one coat on each side. After it dried I just lightly took some sand paper to the letters, sides a bit, and edges a bit. Then I used floral foam for the inside. I got $0.97 lavender bundles from Wal-Mart. I cut them all off of the bottom stem because they weren't sitting right in the floral foam. So I stuck each single piece into the foam. I absolutely love how it turned out. What do you think?






Cost: $5. I already had the spray paint and floral foam so I didn't include it in the cost. It's around $6 for a can. It's so worth it. I also used it for two more projects that I will be posting soon. I already had the ribbon too. So basically I just paid $1 for the tray and $4 for the flower bundles. Your cost may be a little more if you have to buy paint.

If you're curious about the DIY on the stand click here.

What do you think? If you try this let me know below!

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+Also, check out my Perfectly Posh shop!

Comments