Tea light lamp makeover

I am mildly obsessed with painting things lately. So I've gone into shops locally looking for things to either paint or just incorporate into our house. I went into a little antique shop and found this tea light lamp for $20. It's VERY heavy and sturdy. It was dirty and a brownish color. I believe at some point it was probably an off-white but it just looked really old. So I gave it a fresh clean look. I have really been looking for bird houses or tea light holders. I was unwilling to pay for something that was really cheap looking but cost a lot.




Before the makeover. I was trying to decide I was trying to decide which color to paint it. I was leaning towards blue but I have recently painted multiple things blue so I didn't want too much. I also thought about a dark grey but I thought it wouldn't be fresh enough. It would be too dark. I wanted to be able to use this for multiple seasons. I didn't want to make it a color that wouldn't work for every season so I went with a nice white chalk paint.

I removed every SINGLE glass panel, 18 panels. Then, I took them outside to spray paint.

I did two coats only.

This is the paint I used. I love this brand!





Spring decor for our tv stand! I love the lamp and think I can really dress it up for different seasons. I'm thinking maybe putting it in the middle of a holiday wreath or maybe putting a bow on top will really change it up for the seasons.

Cost: $20 for the lamp at a little local shop. I didn't include spray paint cost because I will be using it for way more projects. It's around $6 for a can. It's so worth it.

If you're curious about the DIY on the stand click here.

What do you think? If you try this let me know below!

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram, follow us on Pinterest, and find us on Google+Also, check out my Perfectly Posh shop!

Comments